|Assigned to:||Mirco Bauer||% Done:||
Smuxi should be able to log conversations (person and group chats). Provinding a logging API and then allow plugins to implement actual loggers should be a good base. Here a list of possible logging plugins/formats: irssi-like format, universal RDBMS (using SmartDao) and xml.
|related to Smuxi - Feature #396||advanced logging support||New||07/04/2010|
Updated by Mirco Bauer 1727 days ago
Not sure if this will really make it into 0.7, as it needs the plugin API, but I will set 0.7 as milestone for now!
Updated by Jonathan Pryor 1377 days ago
Please allow the logging to conform to irssi logging output:
- Plain text files (good for use with grep, less, etc.)
- filenames of NETWORK/CHANNEL.log (e.g. freenode/##csharp.log)
- Lines of: HH:MM <NICK> COMMENT
- e.g.: 13:53 < zeroflag> fine.
Updated by Mirco Bauer 1072 days ago
- Target version changed from 0.8 to 0.7.2
- Complexity changed from High to Medium
As initial logging support I think a plain text file (like irssi does) will do the job in most cases. Later we can add more advanced logging.