From 09/17/2010 to 10/16/2010
- 04:13 PM Bug #530: Name of preferences window
- The prefs window in smuxi is currently called "Smuxi - Preferences". According to the GNOME HIG¹ it should be just "Smuxi Preferences". http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/2.30/windows-utility.html.en#preference-windows
- 04:09 PM Feature #529: Ability to hide smuxi and network tabs
- It would be nice if there was a way to hide the smuxi and network tabs which are not useful for many users most of the time (show only group and query chats).
- 04:05 PM Feature #528: Ignore command in context menu
- It would be nice to have a "Ignore" command in the user context menu to ignore this user. Seems like this can be done by filters, but they are not easy to set up. The ignore command could just create the filter.
- 04:03 PM Bug #527: Set process name
- The process name currently seems to be "mono" (as shown in gnome-system-monitor). This should be the actual application name instead.
- 04:02 PM Feature #526: Always how fullscreen toggle menu item in context menu
- Right now, the fullscreen item only appears in the context menu if the menu is hidden. It should also be show if the menu is visible for those how want to turn the menu off quickly. Showing the check item only to unhide is a bit confusing.
- 03:59 PM Feature #525: Option to only show topic on join and change
- Right now the topic line always takes away precious pixels. It would be nicer it there was at least the option to not show the topic box and instead only show the topic inside the chat when joining and on change. Maybe even make this the defaul...
- 03:56 PM Feature #524: Option to hide status bar
- The view menu should have the option to hide the status bar.
- 08:18 PM Bug #523: Crash when executing /window close on Smuxi tab
- Smuxi crashes if you execute /window close on the Smuxi tab. This issue was reported via Ubuntu: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/smuxi/+bug/661167
- 03:36 PM Feature #522: Filters UI should be clearer
- There should be more explanation in the Filters panel about what the fields mean and what values they can take. Specifically: 1. The UI doesn't indicate that the Name field corresponds to the channel name in IRC. (I thought this was just the n...
- 05:14 AM Bug #521: Can't List Server's Channels
- I can't seem to find a way to list all the channels in a server. Normally you would '/list' System : Ubuntu 10.10 Smuxi 8.0
- 11:03 PM Feature #520: Map more keys to jump to windows
- I currently have 41 windows open. In irssi these are mapped to alt-[1,m] and alt-shift-[1,m]. It would be cool if Smuxi handled this many in the same way too.
- 11:02 PM Feature #519: Show keybindings when holding alt
- Like MS office 2007, smuxi could show keybindings when pressing alt. This would be most useful when using alt+letters/numbers to jump to specific windows.
- 10:51 PM Bug #518: Crash when closing multiple chats using ctrl+w
- 07:06 PM Feature #517: Zeitgeist Integration
- Smuxi should support Zeitgeist by providing interesting events to Zeitgeist such as start/end of private chats or when sending URLs to other people. That way the user can later track some of his activity via Zeitgeist. For implementation inspir...
- 05:33 PM Bug #500: Nick-color collisions
- More examples: laney collides with moopyk
- 04:40 PM Feature #516: Acronym help when acronyms are present in a message
- When a user is typing a message, allow them to help with indicating an acronym by using a special format or characters. For instance use  or maybe ^ to indicate the acronym. ^FWIW you don't know jack or [FWIW] you don't know jack Yo...
- 08:36 AM Bug #515: Parallel build tends to fail and cause sharing violation
- From my point of view, if it's too hard to fix, would be better to force "-j1" but, of course, would be better to try to solve it since probably people owning machines with multiple cores would get it built much faster :-)
- 09:53 PM Bug #515: Parallel build tends to fail and cause sharing violation
- Thank you very much for finding out what the cause of #492 is, I wasn't able to reproduce it. (as I am not using make -j > 0).
- 09:52 PM Bug #515: Parallel build tends to fail and cause sharing violation
- Is it acceptable for you if I override make's setting to suppress -j > 0? The build will then no longer fail but will also not take advantage of parallel builds. As Smuxi builds in less than 30 seconds using -j1 I don't think it's worth it to add ...
- 08:25 PM Bug #515: Parallel build tends to fail and cause sharing violation
- When trying to bump to 0.8 smuxi ebuild (for Gentoo users), I noticed build failed from time to time when toggling "debug" configure option but, later, I saw that the problem didn't occur when forcing its compilation disabling parallel build. ...
- 08:10 PM Revision ef29fc865132715e301ebda4124e9bf9fa2a3b18: l10n: Updated German (de) translation to 100% ...
- l10n: Updated German (de) translation to 100% New status: 219 messages complete with 0 fuzzies and 0 untranslated. Transmitted-via: Transifex (www.transifex.net).
- 10:22 PM Bug #514: Twitter Error: Cannot cast from source type to destination type
- 11:40 AM Bug #513: Smuxi tab shows timestamps
- When starting Smuxi the initial tab with the welcome message shows timestamps while it should not.
- 11:35 AM Bug #506: Smuxi suddenly hangs in desktop notification
- An alternative workaround could be to not dispose notifications, as they dispose automatically after a timeout which is controlled by the notification daemon. The hang just happened again with xfce4-notifyd 0.1.0-5
- 09:14 PM Bug #512: Smuxi crashes when spamming the notification daemon
- 05:52 PM Bug #502: Twitter: Error converting value "100+" to type 'System.Nullable`1[System.Int32]'
- 04:47 PM Feature #231: Show difference between old and new topic
- 03:47 PM Feature #504: PPA with daily snapshots
- Jorge Castro gave a nice talk about providing daily packages: http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/09/28/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t20:00
- 06:04 PM Feature #511: Configurable logging filename
- This should be feature request, not bug. Apologies.
- 06:03 PM Feature #511: Configurable logging filename
- Filing this separately by request, but should be coupled with this ticket as well for configurable logging path - http://www.smuxi.org/issues/show/510 Request smuxi support custom log filenames as well as paths described in the previous ticket.
- 06:00 PM Feature #510: Configurable logging path
- It would be great if Smuxi had configurable logging paths like Xchat does. For instance I can configure my log filename to be %n/%c/%F.txt which inside my xchat directory would store today's log as network/channel/date.txt. It keeps all log files ...
- 11:52 AM Feature #31: Handle irc:// URLs (in GNOME)
- This needs DBus support in Smuxi which is planned for 0.8.1, see #33
- 10:46 PM Feature #509: Nick colors based on ident@host
- Currently the nick colors are based on the nick itself for IRC which leads to issues as the nickname can be changed at any time on IRC and also people like to use "stateful nicks" (e.g. foo|afk) which is a bad thing though. While this idea is n...
- 03:00 PM Bug #508: Issues in desktop file
- Patch: http://gist.github.com/590161
- 03:00 PM Bug #508: Issues in desktop file
- 10:44 AM Bug #507: Crash on startup when no Notification Daemon is running
- Smuxi needs to check if the notification daemon is available and avoid a crash if it's not running ...
- 09:00 PM Bug #500: Nick-color collisions
- More examples: hello collides with Salz and ajmitch Example nicks with the same fg color but different bg: meebey JanJacobs phrozen77
- 11:29 PM Bug #506: Smuxi suddenly hangs in desktop notification
- Sometimes Smuxi suddenly hangs forever when showing a notification. Creating a thread dump shows that it hangs in the DBus code waiting for a reply, see below. One workaround would be make the DBus calls in a different thread, maybe using the t...
- 06:24 PM Feature #505: Move on to the next/previous window when pressing ctrl+n and p respectively.
- As this is the standard irssi keybinding, Smuxi should also support it.
- 06:22 PM Feature #505: Move on to the next/previous window when pressing ctrl+n and p respectively.
- 03:59 PM Feature #504: PPA with daily snapshots
- This is an autobuilder script for banshee's daily PPA: ...
- 03:54 PM Feature #288: automatic character recoding (e.g. latin1 <-> utf8)
- Ok, I can't recode from ISO 8859-1 if it was already converted from raw bytes to a string as it removes UTF-8 values during that. The IRC lib has to either expose the raw bytes or handle the transformation. Here the chat with alan about this is...
- 03:31 PM Feature #503: Enable confirmation of quitting Smuxi
- Add a feature to confirm quitting Smuxi through a dialog when trying to close it, so that it won't be accidentally shut down.
- 11:58 AM Bug #502: Twitter: Error converting value "100+" to type 'System.Nullable`1[System.Int32]'
- I got this error as well on a local engine with debugging enabled, here is the whole log (interesting bit at the end)
- 11:44 AM Bug #502: Twitter: Error converting value "100+" to type 'System.Nullable`1[System.Int32]'
- Twitter have broken something again. Starting a local instance doesn't show this error. 2010-09-22 16:25:29,406 [TwitterProtocolManager friends timeline listener] ERROR Smuxi.Engine.TwitterProtocolManager - UpdateFriendsTimelineThread(): Except...
- 09:43 PM Feature #501: Show realname in tooltip when hovering over a nick
- That's a good idea. I had also ideas similar to this showing available person details in a mouse over tool tips to avoid extra menu clicks.
- 06:39 PM Feature #501: Show realname in tooltip when hovering over a nick
- I often want to know or check the real name of somebody on IRC. Doing it manually with a WHOIS query is a bit cumbersome. It would be nice if Smuxi would display the real name in a tooltip when hovering above the someone's nick in the "Person L...
- 08:06 PM Bug #467 (Closed): Quick Connect forbids connecting to Twitter
- Applied in changeset commit:"a9ef585b90bfc240d9a651093652f5ec1d36723b".
- 08:04 PM Revision c9327b57336bea69d28aa5166e65311b0b7a02e7: Merge branch 'release/0.8'
- Merge branch 'release/0.8'
- 08:04 PM Revision a9ef585b90bfc240d9a651093652f5ec1d36723b: Fixed Connect button for Twitter. (closes: #467)
- Fixed Connect button for Twitter. (closes: #467)
- 07:53 PM Bug #466 (Closed): Smuxi keeps requesting Twitter authorization
- Applied in changeset commit:"c15e117e20e53b4163643b661d197e71b9c15995".
- 07:53 PM Revision 67a5c849d4f46cebfc82bd22107ac3d6e3ba4fd9: Merge branch 'release/0.8'
- Merge branch 'release/0.8'
- 07:52 PM Revision c15e117e20e53b4163643b661d197e71b9c15995: Write updated oauth token back to config. (clo...
- Write updated oauth token back to config. (closes: #466)
- 07:40 PM Feature #464 (Closed): Twitter pin command should be more forgiving
- Applied in changeset commit:"96a29aa8c528f37fa066a5c004a252ab1c2d720a".
- 07:40 PM Revision 0b174a59e38a411f10adccf925574eeee7f756e8: Merge branch 'release/0.8'
- Merge branch 'release/0.8'
- 07:38 PM Revision bd49593c6cdb9199e06faf7aa4526864c67c8b2e: Implemented basic CommandModel test-cases
- Implemented basic CommandModel test-cases
- 07:37 PM Revision 8814ed2055f60541d35df5f73227d9a475ac0fae: Merge branch 'merge/moonpyk/bugs/#464Twitter_p...
- Merge branch 'merge/moonpyk/bugs/#464Twitter_pin_command_should_be_more_forgiving' into release/0.8
- 07:36 PM Revision 56e31778e65a4f2bedb9fc9595dd9f635302362d: Simplified whitespace tolerance of /pin command
- Simplified whitespace tolerance of /pin command
Also available in: Atom